Our program is designed to offer classes for children age 2 ½ through kindergarten level. A carefully prepared, sequential program allows flexibility to meet the varying maturity levels and learning needs of each child. MELC welcomes all children and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, or national origin. This non-discriminatory policy applies to all aspects of our program.
MELC offers several attendance options:
– A.M. Threes: (2 ½ -3): five or three (MTW or WThF) mornings;
– A.M. Four-Fives: five mornings;
– P.M. Session: (small class, multi-age grouping) five or three afternoons;
– All-day: 5-day A.M. students may stay for lunch and attend our P.M. session for one, two, three, four, or five afternoons. Spaces are limited.
– “Lunch Club”: A.M. students may stay for lunch (until 12:30 p.m.) and P.M. students may come for lunch (at 11:15 a.m.) Spaces are limited and not guaranteed. Priority is given to students attending our all-day program.
Our morning school hours are from 8:45-11:15 a.m. Afternoon hours are from 12:30-3:00 p.m. Lunch club takes place from 11:15 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Children enrolled for all-day sessions remain in school from 8:45 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
MELC offers a sibling discount of 10% off the second child.
Tuition (2017-2018 rates)
Payments: 5 half days 3 half days All-day* (limited to 5-day am students)
9 monthly $ 640 $ 440 5am’s +1 pm +2pm’s +3pm’s +4pm’s 5 full days
2 semi-annual $2836 $1946 $775 $960 $1034 $1160 $1290
1 annual $5675 $3895
[Middleton’s Lunch Club: $10 per day if reserved by semester; $15 per day on “short notice,” based on availability]
** 8am Drop off – $10/day scheduled; $15/day “short notice”, ** Aftercare until 4pm is $20
*Lunch Club is included in All-day program fees (no additional fee)
MELC is a non-profit institution and tuition is set as low as possible to just cover operating expenses. Some scholarship assistance is available. For more information, please contact the director of the center at 973-677-4176.
Visiting the School
Inquiries and visits are welcome. To arrange a visit, please call the director of the center at 973-677-4176.
Download an MELC Application form 2017-2018
Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you wish to enroll your child in our program, please complete the form and return it to our address, along with an application fee of $40. Please note that a non-refundable deposit equaling 1 month’s tuition will be due within 30 days of receipt of the acceptance letter.